Printing documents from your Linux PC requires installing a specific driver. This Linux driver allows you to print using WiFi or an Ethernet connection, everywhere on campus.
Installing the Linux driver
- Download the driver archive (10mo).
- Select open with and click on ok.
- Double click on the folder "YSoft SafeQ...".
- Double click on "RPM package" if you are on Centos/Red Hat or double click on "Debian package" if you are on Debian/Ubuntu.
- Double click first on "libcrafter..." and install it then double click on "ysoft-client..." and install it too.
- Open printers app and click on "add"
- Fill the form like the picture below then click on "Forward"
- Now fill all forms like the pictures below
- If a dialog box show up and ask you for "print a test page" just click on "cancel"
You can now restart your computer and start your first print ! :)
Your first print
Before starting to print, please ensure you are connected to the STATION F network (via WiFi or ethernet).
- Print a document from your computer (a Word file for example).
- Select "STATIONFPRINTER" from the list of available printers.
- Enter your HAL login and your printer password.
You have a specific password for printing. For security reasons, this password is different from your HAL password. If you have lost your printer password, ask for a new one right from your HAL account.
- Move to the nearest printer and trigger the print by positioning your badge where indicated.
That's all folks :)