What does “Hold for Authentication” mean?
Sometimes, when printing from a Mac, the job appears to pause in the print queue window with the message “Hold for Authentication”. This error indicates that the credentials that the Mac is providing are being rejected by the server it’s contacting. Select the option below that best describes what you’re seeing.
You have three options:
- Sometimes this issue is just a hiccup the Mac experiences when connecting to a shared queue. Click the refreshbutton and see if it prompts for credentials.
- Open your Keychain Access.app and delete the entry (STATIONFPRINTER) for the print queue in question. Then cancel the job and retry.
- Be sure to use your HAL LOGIN! (Mathieu VIGNE => mvigne)
- Check that your VPN/Proxy is disabled.
- Try to update your HAL password here https://hal.stationf.co/my-account/edit/personal-info